BENEFITS OF THE ACCESS PASSDoes the Access Pass include any discounts at Federal Recreation sites?
At many sites the Access Pass provides the pass owner a discount on expanded amenity fees, such as camping, swimming, boat launching, and guided tours). Inquire at the places you plan to visit.
What are the discount guidelines?
The pass program is managed by five Federal agencies that operate under different regulations and have different fees. Therefore, the discount program for the Access Pass is not handled in the same way on all Federal recreation lands. The best advice is to always inquire locally.
In general discounts are honored as follows:
- Individual Campsites: The discount only applies to the fee for the campsite physically occupied by the pass owner, not to any additional campsite(s) occupied by members of the pass owner's party.
- Campsites with Utility Hookups: If utility fees are charged separately, there is no discount. The discount may apply if the utility fee is combined (seamless) with the campsite fee.
- Group Campsites and Facilities (including, but not limited to, group facilities, picnic areas or pavilions): There is no discount for group campsites and other group facilities that charge a flat fee. If the group campsite has a per person fee rate, only the pass owner receives a discount; others using the site pay the full fee.
- Guided Tours: The pass offers discounts on some guided tours. Only the pass owner receives a discount if one is offered.
- Transportation Systems: (Inquire Locally)
- Concessionaire Fees: (Inquire Locally)
- Special Use Permit Fees: (Inquire Locally)
How can I tell the difference between a Standard Amenity Fee, an Expanded Amenity Fee, a Special Use Permit Fee, or a Concessionaire Fee?
Since the pass program is managed by five Federal agencies that operate under different regulations and charge different types of fees, it can be confusing to sort out fees, terminology, and to distinguish between a "Federally-managed facility/activity" versus a "concession-managed facility/activity".
Your best bet is inquire locally regarding your fee and pass-acceptance related questions.
Does my Access Pass provide any discounts at Cooperating Association bookstores or gift shops that are located in the Federal Recreation sites?
No. The Access Pass does not cover discounts in on-site bookstores or gift stores.
Is an Access Pass valid at State Parks or local city/county recreation sites?
No. The Access Pass is valid only at participating Federal recreation sites. Visit [LINK URL=http://www.recreation.gov]http://www.recreation.gov[/LINK] for information about Federal recreation sites.