Here's how to find out what lighthouses offer overnight accommodations and how to make reservations.
Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: Variable (usually less than 15 minutes)
- A list of lighthouses offering accommodations can be found at http://lighthouse.cc/links/overnight.html. Listings here are arranged by US region.
- Click on lighthouse/s of your choice.
- Read descriptive information.
- Call lighthouse to check for availability and book reservation.
- Check for seasonal discounts and ask if reservation costs are per person, for parties of two, four, etc.
- Inquire about meals and amenities, which vary greatly from place to place. At some lighthouses you may receive a five-course gourmet meal, while at others overnight guests may be required to bring their own drinking water and food.
- Ask about guest tours and nearby points of interest.
- If you are interested in visiting a lighthouse, but not in staying overnight, see the National Park Service list of publicly accessible lighthouses at Lighthouse Heritage. It is arranged alphabetically by state.