Here's how to obtain a Golden Access Passport, which is a free lifetime entrance pass to national parks for persons who are blind or permanently disabled.
Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: Less than five minutes
- Go to any National Park Service facility that charges an
- Show proof of medically determined disability and eligibility
for receiving benefits under federal law.
- You will receive your Golden Access Passport, free of charge.
- The Golden Access Passport admits the passholder and any
accompanying passengers in a private vehicle. Where entry is not by private
vehicle, the passport admits the pass holder, spouse, children, and parents.
- The pass provides a 50% discount on federal use fees charged
for facilities and services such as fees for camping, swimming, parking, boat
launching, or cave tours.
- The pass does not cover or reduce special recreation permit
fees or fees charged by concessionaires.