Here's how to make camping or tour reservations online at National Park Service properties.
Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: Variable (usually less than 15 minutes)
- Decide which national park/s you wish to visit.
- Go to the official national parks reservations web
site at http://reservations.nps.gov/ and see if the park/s you are interested in visiting are included on
the list handled by the reservation service. At present, reservations to
campgrounds for 24 national parks and tours for 6 national parks can be made
online or by calling a toll-free number.
- If the park where you wish to stay IS NOT on the
list, you will need to contact the park itself to find out about specific
procedures for booking campground reservations. To obtain the phone number for
the park of your choosing, see the National
Park Service Address Book at http://220.127.116.11/nps/directory/.
- If the park where you wish to stay IS on the
list, follow the instructions on the web site, or call one of the following
Campground Reservations 1-800-365-2267
Yosemite Reservations: 1-800-436-7275
Tour Reservations 1-800-967-2283
From outside the U.S. or Canada: 301-722-1257
- If using the online reservation service, choose "Click
here to Start Reservation."
- Select the appropriate park from the drop-down menu or
from the interactive map.
- Select the campground or browse the park maps before selecting a campground.
- Read all the pertinent information, such as check in times, camp directions,
minimum/maximum stays, camp attributes, and so on.
- Select equipment type and check-in date from drop-down
menus and click on "Accept Restrictions, Check Availability" button.
- Make selection for number of nights and number of persons from drop-down
menu and click on "Search Sites" button.
- Message will be displayed indicating whether or not
site is available on date you requested. To continue, click on "Start
Reservation" button. If site is booked or you want to view other options,
click on "Check Another Date."
- To continue with the reservation process, select your customer status and
click the "Submit" button.
- If you are using the system for the first time, you will be
asked to fill out the Personal Details screen, which includes your name,
phone, address, etc. If you are a repeat user of the reservation system, you
will be asked to provide your customer ID and password.
- Provide information on any discount cards you have
(i.e. Golden Age Passport or Golden Access Passport).
- Review reservation details and provide credit card
- Reservations processed through the Internet site will only be
accepted between the hours of 10:00 am and 10:00 pm EST (7:00 am and 7:00 pm
- On the 5th, 15th, and 25th of each month the NPRS Call Center handles an
enormous number of calls. You may experience delays in getting through to a
- Reservations can be made up to five months in advance. After a reservation is made, any changes or cancellations will result in a $12.85 charge; if the cancellation isn't made until the day of the scheduled reservation, a $12.85 fee plus one night's stay will be charged.
- Campsite and Tour Reservations (including reservations at properties managed by the USDA Forest Service and the US Army Corps of Engineers).