1. Travel

National Park Two Dollar Bills For Limited Time

By December 6, 2010

Two dollar bills are rare. And two dollar national park bills are even rarer! But you can get your very own right now, or at least while supplies last.

With your purchase of the Yellowstone National Park two dollar bill - which features Old Faithful - you also get the Grand Canyon National Park two dollar bill. The bills also come in a 4" x 7" 4-Panel Archival Folio and with a Certificate of Authenticity. Order online for only $19.95!

Comments
December 24, 2010 at 2:29 pm
(1) Carl says:

2 dollar bills aren’t rare, just not commonly used. You can go to the bank today and cash your check in newly printed 2 dollar bills. No body does. Also these are just painted and decorated 2 dollar bills by a private company, nothing to ooh and ahh over.

December 27, 2010 at 1:15 am
(2) Rob says:

This is less an article and more an advertisement. Like Carl said above, $2 bills aren’t rare. They are just not popular. And these are just privately modified bills. I see these commercials all the time and quite frankly anybody who falls for this “special promo” is an idiot.

December 29, 2010 at 6:38 am
(3) Scott B in DC says:

In addition to not being rare, colorized bills like all colorized money created by these third-party “mints” will never be worth anything. Altering money in this manner does not make it collectible. If you or your heirs ever try to sell these items, you will find that coin and currency collectors will consider them damaged and, therefore, worthless!

December 29, 2010 at 11:12 am
(4) Deb says:

I have been looking for a picture of the back of the park bill and can’t find one, I’m looking for the phrase “In God We Trust” and don’t see it. If it’s not printed on the bill anywhere I hope no one buys any of these!

December 29, 2010 at 3:01 pm
(5) peter says:

I believe that “IN God We Trust” should be removed from all US coins, since it’s not a true statement. Millions of americans do not need imaginary supernatural friends, Deb…

December 30, 2010 at 4:37 pm
(6) Lisa A says:

You have got to be kidding me. There are millions of people who believe in Buddha – Ghosts, Angels and other kinds of spiritual things and you want omit God? This country was founded on Christian principles…and breaking away from England…so they(the founding fathers) kept some of the foundations that the church of england was based on, basic morals I would say. Now do we want to take morals out of the equation as well because not everyone believes in those either COME ON! Yes…In God I do trust.

December 31, 2010 at 10:10 pm
(7) vance says:

SUPPLY and DEMAND or demand and supply
the reason my bank doesn’t order $2.00 bills is that they have
to order a full “bundle” or 50 of them. few want them, so they
don’t tie up their “inventory” in them.

January 1, 2011 at 6:45 pm
(8) Mike says:

This is the same mint that made the gold colored dollar coins. The biggest problem with this country today is the fact of taking God out of it. For those that don’t believe in, that’s your right. But myself, well if I’m wrong and all we do is die and that’s it, then so be it. But if your wrong, well you’re in deep trouble.

January 1, 2011 at 10:28 pm
(9) becky says:

this does say in god we trust on the back side ig you look quickly above the decloration of indep.

January 2, 2011 at 11:33 am
(10) Mike says:

Don’t we have religious freedoms. Should say in freedom we trust.

January 2, 2011 at 6:54 pm
(11) Nick says:

Every bill spent prior to 1957 was devoid of the phrase “In God We Trust.” I don’t think anyone had problems spending that money and I don’t see why they should have problems spending this money (assuming that what Deb states is true).

The only reason to raise a stink about it is if you have too much time on your hands and feel like there isn’t enough to complain about in this world.

January 6, 2011 at 8:31 pm
(12) steven sternberg says:

Such a lot of nonsence. These bills will maybe be worth $2.00 and so many people fall for this misleading advertising garbage.

January 8, 2011 at 9:11 am
(13) Dale Hagan says:

Your shipping and handling is outrageous, I’ll make sure to let my friends know.

January 8, 2011 at 9:33 pm
(14) JB says:

There are a ton of sites on the internet selling this stuff. I went to a few and they are all the same. Anonymous sites with no contact information – an immediate red flag! They also don’t accept paypal – you have to hand over your credit card info. Then there is the shipping and handling ripoff. OK, it’s only $5.95 but they say they will throw in a second bill at no charge if you pay and additional S/H charge. We all know it doesn’t cost anymore to mail 2 bill than it does 1, so these people are blatantly dishonest. And they expect me to give them my credit card info?

And what’s all the fuss about ‘In God We Trust’? This is probably coming from all the losers that are obese and worthless human beings.

January 13, 2011 at 1:13 pm
(15) glorea says:

I am so offended by all who think that “IN GOD WE TRUST” either doesn’t matter or should be removed. I am not obese or an idiot, but believe in the foundation of my country…If you don’t…GET OUT!!

January 23, 2011 at 9:15 am
(16) RP says:

“Right On” glorea, I am a Canadian but I totally agree with you. We have the same issues in Canada but our government is even more willing to give in to those who would remove any reference to God in order to not “offend” any other group that has a differing belief.

I am not a fanatic nor am I an idiot but I am one who believes that this kind of thinking is part of the reason our civilization is deteriorating.

I certainly do believe that that the phrase “IN GOD WE TRUST” is something we should not omit from anything including a piece of paper that is carried and used by millions of people.

IN GOD I TRUST

January 26, 2011 at 6:41 pm
(17) Lisa says:

LOVING YOU GLOREA AND RP!! RIGHT ON!

March 16, 2011 at 3:42 pm
(18) scott says:

Come on, does it really matter if In God we Trust is on our money or not? It spends the same either way!! Idiots…

March 16, 2011 at 3:46 pm
(19) scott says:

Does it really matter what our money says? I t spends the same either way. Religion should be kept in the church or at home! This is why wars are started; people willing to die and kill for their God. Politicians should not be allowed to speak of religion either. Because idiots vote on that solely!!

March 19, 2011 at 8:01 am
(20) D says:

Nice bump scott

Religion used to be the primary basis of war, I’ll agree with you there. However, you can’t blame religion for ALL wars. Try not looking at the phrase from a biblical term, but rather a symbol of what we as a country were built upon. I’m a spiritual person, but I also have common sense. I mean, would you kick “one nation under God?” No, because it’s what we were built on. Regardless of what religion you have, think of it as a symbolic term.

BTW, this 2 dollar junk is pretty much worthless unless you like pretty colors. If you enjoy pretty colors then go for it

April 18, 2011 at 3:35 am
(21) Dennis Scharf says:

We still have not received our national parks collection and wondering if this has been a mistake. They were all paid for.

Dennis Scharf
38330 Via La Paloma
Murrieta, Ca 92563

Order was made end of January.

May 24, 2012 at 6:09 pm
(22) robin says:

I HAVE TWO OF THE GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK TWO DOLLAR BILLS AND THEY BOTH HAVE IN GOD WE TRUST